A Guide to Mindfulness


Top 5 Essential Oils





I don’t know about you guys but the last week has been a whirlwind of a ride for me. This Moon was intense. Six planets in retrograde, a total Full Moon Eclipse, Mars making a big appearance and large Geomagnetic storms taking place left our energy levels at an all new high, and boy did I feel it.  Not only did I notice it within myself but I was well aware of how it was affecting others around me without them even realising it. I was incredibly mindful of how to conduct myself throughout this Super Moon period and required many moments sitting solo to ensure I centered myself and attempted to level my own energy as it began to heighten.

As a primary school teacher there are a few things that we must prepare ourselves for, these include; Wind, Rain and the Moon, (Fellow educators ya’ll know exactly what I’m talking about). You see any one of these three things can set that school community off like a house on fire. Things get real wild. Of the three, a Full Moon tends to be the predominant cause of anything out of the ordinary. “Is it a full moon because Johnny’s eating dirt again…” There is no denying it the Full moon super-charges our energy and we tend to feel askew.  I was once told that even the police force recognises the pull it has on society and in fact roster more officers on over a full moon period. To be fair that may be one of those stories that start with ‘it happened to a friend of a friend of mine’, but hey, I ain’t questioning it.

So how did I survive this more powerful Super Moon event? Well after smudging the place, bathing in Epson salts, lighting every candle in the house, meditating and ensuring my salt lamp was on at all times I ultimately turned to my essential oils. Oils are my saviour. I’m pretty new to the whole essential oil scene but there is definitely no going back. I can’t get enough of them and the benefits they have on me are incredible. I use oils for a variety of reasons depending on what I need. I even use them in my classroom to which the kids love and always ask for. I have my best friend to thank for introducing me to the world of oils. In fact, she helped create this article on our pick of top essential oils. So here it is. The oils I turn to daily and how they helped me through this crazy period.

1. The anxiety set from Courtney and the babes- @courtneyandthebabes


This is a new brand of oils I have recently stumbled across and my number one pick. I absolutely love these oils. The ladies at Courtney and the babes have developed a beautiful range of roll on essential oils. The three I have tried, (so far) are meditation, chill pill and sleep. I purchased chill pill and sleep as an anxiety pack and they by far are the best investment I’ve ever made. I have never been a great sleeper. I’m a REM sleep kinda girl and wake to the sound of a pin dropping on the carpet. I began using these two only 2 weeks ago and my sleeping patterns have changed immensely. Every night I roll my sleep oil on as directed on the soles of my feet and base of my neck. I also roll it onto my wrists as I sleep with my hands around my face and just love the smell. I have not slept this soundly in such a long time. If you haven’t already check them out.

Chill Pill Ingredients-
Frankincense- Relieves chronic stress and anxiety, reduces pain and inflammation and boost immunity.

Blue chamomile- Supports healthy joint function, promotes relaxation and restful sleep.

Clary sage- Fights depression, prevents infection, rich in antioxidants, stimulates sexual desires, regulated menstruation, lowers blood pressure and an anti-inflammatory.

Bergamot- Cleansing, an antidepressant and digestive support.

Marjoram- Rectifies hormonal imbalances, reduces blood pressure, promotes restful sleep and sound mind, relieves pain.

Lavender- Reduce anxiety and emotional stress, improve brain function, improve sleep, powerful antioxidants and relieves pain.

Eucalyptus- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial support

Deep Sleep Ingredients-
Lavender- See above

Cedar wood- Reduces inflammation, prevents infections, relieves spasms, supports menstruation, excellent for eczema.

Juniper berry- Cleanses and purifies air and produce a calming and grounding effect

Vetiver- Uplifting, soothing, healing and protective properties, boosts energy levels, soothes feelings of anxiety and nervousness, increases libido and treats insomnia. Has been used to treat symptoms of ADHD and ADD.   

Marjoram- See above

Roman chamomile- Fights Anxiety and Depression, Serves as a Natural Allergy Reliever, Helps Alleviate PMS Symptoms, Reduces Symptoms of Insomnia, Boosts Skin Health, Supports Digestive Health and Promotes Heart Health.

2. Believe from the Young living range- @younglivingeo


This brand is one of our favourite brands of oils and the pre-blend ‘believe’ is our number 2 essential oil must have.  This blend encourages feelings of strength and brings emotional balance to you. When you need grounding this oil is the one to turn to as it releases and alleviates one of negative feelings. Feelings of despair and inadequacy are removed and a higher level of awareness is enabled. I recently held an adult mindfulness session and had this burning in my diffuser. The space immediately calmed and everyone who had participated asked at the end what the oil was as they couldn’t get enough of it. Get around this blend people.

Believe Ingredients-
Idaho Balsam Fir- Prevents infection, relieves pain, detoxifies the body, improves respiratory functions and increases the metabolisim.

Coriander- Stimulates Hormone Secretion, purifies the blood, improves digestion and treats spasms


Bergamot- One of the best essential oils for depression and helps to alleviate stress and anxiety, prevents and fights infections, helps lower blood pressure, helps to lower cholesterol, fights respiratory conditions and alleviates pain

Frankincense- See above

Idaho Blue Spruce- Reduce muscle pain, reduce nerve pain, high in d-limonene which is anti-cancerous, natural antiviral and antibacterial properties, releasing emotional blocks and healing pineal glands.

Ylang Ylang- Has antiseptic, antispasmodic, sedative and antidepressant properties. Promotes positive effect on immune health, blood flow and emotions.

Geranium- Balances hormones, relieves stress, reduces depression, minimizes inflammation, improves circulation, alleviates the effects of menopause, improves dental health and reduces blood pressure.

3. Heart and Soul from the Springfield range


This blend has been made to soothe and balance your heart and soul and is an ideal combination for meditation. In fact, I am burning this blend as we speak. It is a fantastic blend of oils that is not only great for burning but can also be added to creams to moisturise skin as it possess great skin benefits.


Heart and Soul Ingredients-
Ho leaf- Helps lift emotions, calms the mind and is deeply nourishing for skin.

Cedarwood- See above.

Rose Geranium- Overall skin benefits.

Frankincense- See above

Orange- An antidepressant

4. Peace and Calming, again from the Young Living range

I told you this range was one of our favourites! This is one of the besties picks she puts this one on when she’s wanting to calm her environment. It also enables focus and a positive mental outlook.

Peace and Calming Ingredients-
Tangerine- Improves mental fortitude, relieves pain, purifies the blood, improves digestion, relieves spasms and provides energy.

Orange- See above

Ylang Ylang- See above

Patchouli- Relieves depression, soothes inflammation, used as an aphrodisiac, stimulates blood circulation, sedates hypersensitivity, acts as tonic

Blue tansy- Creates a positive atmosphere
5. Frankincense from Young Living range


Although this has made number 5 on the list it is still one of my favourite scents ever. I love the benefits it provides, particularly for children. Again, being a teacher, I live and breathe the overly-anxious world children are experiencing. The world that everyone hears all over the media. It’s a very difficult position to be in because all you want to do is take their worries from them and just let them live their young little lives. I burn this scent in my diffuser in the classroom and my kids absolutely love it. I call it our focus scent. It makes a big difference in the classroom as it supports positive emotional regulation by reducing anxiety and stress. Burning it provides triggers for the brain that aids in the overall brain health and increasing the memory. It also relieves pains such as headaches and nausea, something I am constantly hearing from 8 year olds. It’s last benefit, great for getting to sleep.  

 So there you have it. Our top 5 essential oils. Try them out and let me know what you think. You won’t regret it. X












Post a Comment

Designed by FlexyCreatives